Monday 4 November 2013

Black opal creme stick foundation

Truth be told; I always turn green with envy when I spot someone with super smooth silky skin... If you were ever in my shoes you'd understand. I have been (and still am) struggling with acne and acne marks for the longest time ever. Believe me when I say I have tried EVERYTHING!! At some point I remember spending money that I didn't have in the first place, for products that were damn expensive but they did absolutely nothing for me!!! Talk of making money from desperation. Then, I resolved to using herbal products.... Lol. Those things tasted nasty and the smell was awful. Did they work? NAH!!! I thus hatched out a plan (like many ladies out there) to find good make up that will create a false impression about my skin then deal with the crucifixion talk later.(You're fake. I prefer a girl whose completely natural..yada yada yaaah..! eyes rolling) Anywho!! If you have that kind of mentality this is not for you!!! (smile)

 I came across this AWESOME foundation that I highly recommend for anyone suffering from acne scarring, or just plain acne. Its been in the market for the longest time and its manufactures have paid close attention to fending for beautiful African skin. Drums roll.... Black Opal.... (happy dance). Hahaha... This is a must have. Trust me. It gives full coverage and gives you a glow that so many will die for. It goes on so well and if I must say so myself it guarantees value for your money.

Currently I'm using the creme stick foundation and my shade is Nutmeg. (The shades vary so just know you're shade and you'll be good to go) The only thing I'd warn you against is the purchase of a fake product. The original ones range from Kshs. 1600 -1700. The knock offs are definitely cheaper and most of them range from Kshs. 500-700...  In this case cheap is definitely expensive... The fake product offers zero to none coverage, its comedic and it leaves you with a cakey mask like appearance. So not cool! 



The one on the left is definitely FAKE.... The one the right hand side is legitimate product. I promise to dedicate an entire post on how to tell a knock off from the real deal.

A major CON with this product is it's ability to transfer. So if you are the hugging type you're in trouble. Another problem is the fact that it sweats off easy. So if you are the matte look kind of a girl then steer clear of it. I'd not recommend its usage in humid areas or during summer time because you'll look shinny and oily. 

The use a  good setting powder is essential just to ensure it stays put the entire time you wear it. Just a quick recap of its pros and cons in case you've forgotten... (smile)

PROS
  • It offers full coverage
  • It goes on easy. You can use your hands to spread it in. No brush required.
  • Makes skin glow (especially if your anti matte just like myself)
  • Gives 24 hour coverage 
  • Easy to find your shade since they have a wide range to choose from
  • Its comedic and hypoallergenic thus does not cause break outs. 
  • It works well for dry, sensitive and combination skin.
  • It has SPF 15 which is good for sun protection.
CONS
  • It transfers with ease
  • Makes skin oily and shinny.
  • It melts off easy when used in humid climates
  • You must using a good setting powder.




Then again it's important to note that I aint saying this is the GO TO foundation. All I'm saying is it works for me and I'd highly recommend it for anyone with problematic skin.You know what they say... To know if a woman is in love she has an inner glow. Well I guess I'm in love... (at least for now) with my new discovery. BLACK OPAL TRUE COLOR creme stick foundation. Hope this review helps and if you like it feel free to go out and get it. If you tried it and it worked against you let me know...

Kindly share your beauty product secrets with me so that I know what exactly I'm getting myself in before its too late.  Shukurani sana for reading. 




6 comments:

  1. i love this!! didn't know u had it in you..this is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acne..been there..i completely feel you on this one.
    Like you theres nothing i had not tried on earth until a friend recommended i try Johnsons day cream.I have never looked back.The results have been amazing.I use everything Johnsons and over the years i have realized its the best decision i ever made.

    All the best in your 'goodbye acne fight'.

    This is a commendable post....i like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... thats what I use as my moisturizer but its not clearing my spots. I wish I could lay my hands on an effective bleach free spot clearing agent. Anyway I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  3. Bought this a few days ago and im loving the fact that its not ashy on my skin like some other foundations. Im using nutmeg as well. The neutral light orange undertone is completely different to any foundation i've tried before and it covers imperfections like a color correcting concealer. Really nice product and i like your review, very funny. Hang in their girl, or move to a drier climate like me. It will sort your skin out 

    ReplyDelete